Send Resumes to: akahlmus@SMSurgeons.com
Ocean Springs, MS 39564
The dietitian is responsible for overseeing and providing nutritional support and behavioral modification techniques to patients in a high volume outpatient weight loss center. The patients enrolled in the weight loss program are either preparing for bariatric surgery, have already undergone bariatric surgery, or are non-surgical patients seeking treatment for obesity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under minimal supervision, provide science-based nutritional therapy to persons with weight issues by performing initial evaluations, assessing nutritional status, designing appropriate plan of care, and monitoring patient progress
- Maintain ongoing communication with bariatric surgeons, nurse practitioners, and multidisciplinary professional staff to ensure continuity of patient care.
- Create and maintain up-to-date bariatric nutritional educational materials.
- Provide up-to-date nutritional education and guidance to physicians, staff, patients, and families.
- Provides counsel and close follow-up to patients for behavior modification techniques and lifestyle changes necessary for bariatric surgery.
- Help coordinate monthly bariatric support group classes.
- Provide appropriate documentation summarizing the nutrition care plan in the patients electronic health record (EHR).
- Be proactive in promoting health and wellness to patients, staff, referring providers, and community members.
- Strong computer skills with ability to use computer for research and development of presentations • Ability to utilize various computer technologies and social media platforms as source of patient education and patient outreach
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced and comfortable with public speaking
- Experience as outpatient dietitian preferred
- Maintains current licensure as a Licensed Dietitian in the State of Mississippi
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA
- Completes all necessary continuing education requirements for position