Registered Dietitian working at Mississippi State Hospital in Whitfield, MS.
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a company that is making a difference? Look no further, this is an opportunity for you!
Identify and assess the nutritional needs of assigned patients/residents, initiate interventions to achieve and/or maintain individuals’ nutritional status and enhance quality of life consistent with patient’s/resident’s goals. Will provide nutritional expertise to the health care team and educate patients/residents, staff or consultants. Will follow the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics standards of practice and facility regulatory requirements.
- Interacts with other departments in setting up procedures, polices and problem solving as they relate to the patient/resident dining service and nutrition.
- Works with nursing and dining staff to promote optimal patients/resident care and makes regular rounds to all care areas.
- Actively participates in the development, review and revision of the continuous quality improvement programs.
- Is involved in developing, planning and presenting nutrition and food service related training sessions to nursing and dining services staff.
- Participates in facility menu planning for regular and therapeutic diets in conjunction with the Dining Services Director.
- Reviews and approves cycle menus, responds to requests for changes from the resident food committee with menu revision and analysis.
- Responsible for updating resident/patient diet, weights, food preferences and other patient data in the computerized tray card system.
- Conducts regular and ongoing meal rounds, dining room assessments and test tray audits.
- Monitors and evaluates resident/patient satisfaction with food selection, preparation and service along with the Dining Services Director.
- Attends professional meetings and conferences to keep current with trends related to nutrition and food service.
- Attends facility assigned meetings, such as quality assurance or safety council, as assigned by the Dining Services Director, District Manager of Field Support Dietitian.
- Maintains ongoing communication with Dining Services Director to keep informed of current food service operations and concerns. May need to assist with daily operations as request by Dining Services Director.
- Updates and maintains facility specific nutritional care policies and procedures.
- Inspires confidence with patients, visitors and other staff members by communication in a highly professional manner.
- Ensures accuracy and consistency of diet orders, nourishments and supplements in the computerized nutritional software.
- Assists in other areas of Dining Services as necessary.
- Liaison with the Field Support Dietitian in development of facility standards and practice.
- Completed a bachelor’s degree at a US regionally accredited university or college by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
- Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Licensed in the State of Pennsylvania.
- Knowledgeable with assessing and Medical Nutrition Therapy with all levels of care and disease states.
- Proficient with Electronic charting, Microsoft office, as well as web-based programs
Dedicated to our mission of Enhancing Life Around Great Food, Cura Hospitality offers genuine dining services that advance the well-being of all those we touch: Residents, Patients, Clients, Employees
Cura Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your resume or visit click on the link below to apply.