Onsite Health Coach- Southern MS
The Wellness/Health Coach utilizes a collaborative process, in conjunction with the client’s wellness champions, to plan and implement wellness events and programs to promote/influence members in decisions related to achieving and maintaining optimal health status. The goal of these programs/events is to help members achieve healthy lifestyle behaviors and align these lifestyle behaviors with individual wellness goals.
- Role will support wellness
- Events in the workplace including but not limited to wellness challenges, health fairs, presentations and individual and group coaching.
- Work at home
- With travel to client locations up to 5 days/week required.
Topics to be delivered can focus on weight management, stress management, tobacco cessation, nutrition, physical activity and other healthy lifestyle topics.
The goals of wellness promotion programs is to help members understand and develop awareness of healthy lifestyles and align lifestyle behavior with personal wellness goals.
Role is responsible for building relationships with wellness champions through outreach phone calls, emails, drop ins, and at wellness champion trainings.
Role should also should promote and build awareness around internal and vendor partner’s health and wellness programs and resources.
This role as onsite health coach acts as the face of the health and wellness programs for this client.
- 3-5 years of coaching experience
- Masters Degree in Public Health, Exercise physiology, nutrition, or other health areas preferred but not required Experience facilitating health/wellness presentations both in person and virtually Background in motivational interviewing, active listening skills, Transtheoretical Model, mindfulness based and other evidence-based coaching techniques preferred.
- Experience in wellness related areas such as weight management, tobacco cessation, stress management, nutrition, physical activity or health lifestyle behavior change Excellent computer skills including MS Office applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, problem solve, and work effectively with people, use good judgment in challenging situations Ability to build relationship with wellness champions and build a culture of health
Additional Job Information:
- Three to five years’ experience with healthy lifestyle coaching for weight management, tobacco cessation, nutrition, physical activity and/or stress management with experience in delivering coaching in various workplace settings at locations across the southern part of Mississippi.
- Candidate needs ability to build rapport with wellness champions, be persistent, professional, and creative in building new relationships.
- Experience in developing and leading onsite wellness classes- requires strong skill set in public speaking/presentations.
- Strong desires to coach, motivate, and support members.
- Ability to work with a virtual multidisciplinary team.
- An understanding of management of chronic health conditions, especially as it relates to Diabetes, Obesity and Hyperlipidemia.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office applications such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required to be successful in this role.
Potential Telework Position:
Percent of Travel Required:
75 – 100%
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Candidate Privacy Information:
Aetna takes our candidate’s data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail.